Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Date day

A couple of Sundays ago, my sweetheart and I decided we needed a date day..we both work a lot, and it's hard to find time to spend together, so we dedicated the whole day to each other. We did dinner and a movie, so I decided to dress up for the occasion. I had planned to wear a newly finished 1930s dress, but it was pouring out, so I decided to save the dress for a nicer day, but.. I did break out one of my great grandmother's hats, and made an attempt at a vintage up-do :). (Note: I did wear a plastic rain hood while we were walking around outside as to not ruin the hat).


The hat was a pretty big hit, as was my hair, which was pretty flattering. My hair has become fairly long and it's making it difficult to achieve many vintage styles, but this one turned out pretty well. I also broke out one of my vintage brooches and some simple screw back faux pearl earrings.
This is the photo I looked at as I worked on my hair. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment