Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A little shopping therapy

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so I thought a little shopping at my favorite local antique store might do the trick, and it did :P. I came away with quite a nice collection of new (old) things, and am quite pleased.
I picked up these two patterns, for a grand total of $3! My first two Advance patterns, and also my first time finding patterns that I liked at an antique store. Typically I only find patterns from the 70s and 80s, which are not my favorite decades. The one on the left is a pattern from the 60s and the one on the right is a pattern from the late 40s.


I picked up these two fashion plates for $2.25, I thought they would be pretty framed and hung on the wall in my sewing room :).

I also picked up a ton of lace for $10. I haven't measured it yet, but it's quite a lot. I'm thinking of using some of it for a lace insert on a 1910's blouse pattern I bought from Wearing History.


I picked up 2 silk and 1 rayon scarf, for $5 a piece, and they are beauties. I plan to hand wash them soon to get the seemingly permanent folding lines out of them.


 I've been eyeing these 1920s shoe clips for a couple of years..I always manage to convince myself that I don't need them, but who doesn't need 1920s shoe clips? I got these for the swell price of $15.


And last, but not least, I got this adorable sterling silver brooch locket. I plan to remove the old photos (which I'll keep because I'd feel too guilty tossing them) and put in a photo of myself and my sweetheart :).

And so ends my adventure to the antique store for this week.

I have recently finished a few projects, so I'll be making some clothing posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment