Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Preview of upcoming, soon to be finished projects!

I have been so terribly busy lately, as we are about to be moving..but! I wanted to give you a little sneak peak at a couple of projects that are nearly finished.
This is pattern #6611 from Past Patterns. It's entitled "Dress with Waist Yoke: Dated 1931." I actually started this dress in October of 2011, with the intent of wearing it at my brothers wedding in November, but as is my usual custom, I rushed it, and was not able to wear it to the wedding due to the arm holes being entirely too small..needless to say, I was pretty frustrated with myself, and so put the dress aside. I recently made a pact with myself to finish a few unfinished projects before I could start working on projects from the VPLL Titanic Sew Project, and so I have finished the dress. Photos, and a narrative of the construction will come soon, just as soon as I have the opportunity to do so.

This is pattern #7696 from Past Patterns, and is entitled "Ladies' One-piece bathing suit: Circa 1922. I began this project in January of this year, with the intent of wearing it while my sweetheart and I strolled along Tybee Island during our trip to Savannah in February, but sadly I was not able to complete it in time..I even took my sewing machine along with us! But it was not to be..so it too got set aside for a bit. However, I recently picked it back up again, and have only to attach a few buttons for it to be complete! I will be posting photos of it pretty soon (hopefully ;P).

No comments:

Post a Comment